Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Come to Jesus

...that is what I will call the harsh, redemptive talk I had with myself today about my eating and exercising habits. I have not been measuring, eating balanced meals or working out. A large part of that has to do with the new stress I am experiencing at the school where I teach. Our enrollment is shrinking fast and every day we are reminded that some of us will be cut. Even if I am lucky enough to avoid a cut, cuts will mean my classes will be even larger than the 28 students per class I already have. But, this is life, or so I'm told, and not reason enough to let my health fall by the wayside.

So, today I told myself to get in gear and get over the excuses. I have to make this weight loss happen come hell or high water. Today I told myself what I tell my students. "Refocus yourself and dig in to get the task done!"

No comments:

Post a Comment