Today, while watching my dog happily gnaw on her favorite chew toy, I was green with envy. My doctor put me on a liquid diet 2 weeks before my surgery. Although I've recently been allowed mushies or purees, I miss chewing. Before surgery I was obsessive about reading blogs, books, articles, etc. about the procedure and what to expect after, and this lack of chewing phenomena missed my radar completely. What's odd about it is that I don't miss any particular food just the physical act of chewing. I'm trying to satisfy this craving by chewing gum, but I'm very cautious about this as chewing gum can cause gas. Lord knows I don't want to add anymore of that to the complicated mix in my stomach already. When does the gas finally disappear? Ah well, I guess chewing is a small price to pay to be thin.

No comments:
Post a Comment